Wednesday, December 12, 2012

HOME here we come!

Day-11, November 30th

     Our two weeks traveling around Japan was so enjoyable it felt like two days! But, now we're on our flight back home. While it was an unbelievable trip, I have to admit that those floor mats didn't cut it for me. I'd like to get back to my family and sleep in my own bed!  Right now everyone else is asleep, so I decided to make one last blog post before we arrive at the RDU airport.
     This trip was amazing. We saw so many different aspects of Japan in person, which gave us a well rounded view of the country. From peaceful gardens to wild streets, our group really enjoyed every minute we had to soak up the nation. I would say that the Grand Sumo Tournament was the most interesting, since we saw the history of Japan meeting modern life.
a sumo referee in a traditional uniform 
     Different cultures reminded me of Rick's dinner one night. You won't find this in the United States!


       
Interesting street style!

We learned about the Japanese culture which includes the harajuku clothing style and the beautiful Shinto shrines! It broadened my horizons to see the differences and similarities of a country abroad.
    I'd really love to come back again and see more of Japan! It is definitely an amazing country.

~Laiken

No comments:

Post a Comment